I’ve ordered my photo op with Mark Sheppard at CONjure!!!
*wild screeching noises*
I can’t wait!!!!
Crows are scary
- use tools
- Can be taught to speak (like parrots)
- Have huge brains for birds
- like seriously their brain-to-body size ratio is equal to that of a chimpanzee
- They vocalize anger, sadness, or happiness in response to things
- they are scary smart at solving puzzles
- some ravens stay with their mates until one of them dies
- they can remember faces
- SIDENOTE HERE BECAUSE HOLY SHIT. They did an experiment where these guys wore masks and some of them fucked with crows. Pretty soon the crows recognized the masks = douchebag. But the nice guys with masks they left alone. THEN, OH WE’RE NOT DONE, NO SIR crows that WEREN’T EVEN IN THE EXPERIMENT AND NEVER SAW THE MASK BEFORE knew about mask-dudes and attacked them on sight. THEY PASSED ON THE FUCKING INFORMATION TO THEIR CROW BUDDIES.
- They remember places where crows were killed by farmers and change their migration patterns.
Guys I’m really scared of crows now.
i love crows so much
crows are amazing
My favorite legend is that crows are the souls of the dead
crows are the coolest shit
Yeah but have you seen this
this post can’t get any better
Two years ago I fed one mated pair of crows. He must have passed the word because next nesting season I open up my door and this was awaiting me. This doesn’t even capture the additional 20 or so in the trees and upper power lines.
BTW, cat chow and peanuts are great crow food. It makes for strong shells.
I’ve put all of the fabric painting tutorials into one big photo post.
Includes silk painting with resist (Elven Banner), free-hand painting on stretch fabrics (Jareth from Labyrinth), fake embroidery with puffy paint (Peter of Narnia), graphite transfer paper with fabric paint pens (Tali from Mass Effect) and regular Tulip fabric paint (TARDIS lab coat).
Maybe this format is better?
This post-con/costume crash has been remarkably similar to a post-show crash back when I was doing theater.
All this time with no major project deadline looming leads to a slight mania.
- I’ve redecorated the living room with all new framed art. Ordered material to reupholster the ugly-ass sofa and budgeting for new curtains. The old ones may or may not have been re-purposed for costuming. And by that, I mean, they totally were.
- Sewing area cleaned up, reorganized slightly with new artwork framed and installed.
- Attempted to clean/organize the kid’s room. Limited success there but I’ve pulled out and cleaned a lot of toys/clothes for donation.
- Backyard! That’s what I can do today, right after I start a few loads of laundry. The messy backyard. Maybe I’ll hunt craigslist for some patio furniture that isn’t falling apart.
- Etsy orders as normal, and then I’ll probably cut into some of this fabric I bought for my daughter’s wardrobe.
MetroRouge! Supernatural/Moulin Rouge Crossover - Metrocon ‘14
I guess I’m one of the people who hasn’t posted a whole set of their individual/pair photos yet. So yeah here’s my can-can Abaddon. There’s close to 120 yards of ruffles in that skirt and I made it in under a week.
Cosplay tip for larger ears with a wig, attatch the ears to a headband (with mine I made slots on the ears for the posicle sticks to go in to so I can switch out the ears for different cosplays) cut some of the wefts of the wig so you can slide the ears easily through and you are done ( I am doing a Glaceon Gijinka for animethon 21 this is not the wig I will be using, it is an old wig I am using to test out this method
I just realized, is Isa’s skirt denim on top?
Yes, it is! She used two colors of denim and pieced that beast together herself and it looks freakin’ amazing.
CousinCecily (aka: Dean) also used denim, but did a bleach wash on it for the symbol.
Making a Can Can Crowley (for the Supernatural/Moulin Rouge group)
I start with a sketch (I changed the ruffles after sketch to imitate Crowley’s demon smoke)
These skirts eat a LOT of fabric. There are two circle skirts, one exterior and one interior made of 7 gored panels each, cut on grain to reduce bias stretch.
And then ruffles!
I cut, stitched, ironed, hemmed, dyed (!!!!) and gathered a 70 yard length of silkatene to make these ruffles. Another 11 yards was used for the exterior ruffle under the sequined Devil’s Trap. (FYI, that pleated, black satin ruffle started as a thrift shop bedskirt, before I cut it up and stitched it back together)
Then I did another 70 yards for Dean and 84 yards for Sam because Isa is really, really tall.
Mock vest/suit bodice drafted and fitted over my corset.
Leather crown cut, twisted, hardened into shape, then given a paint job and finished off with swarovski crystals.
There will be some con shots coming soon!
Moulin Rouge Supernatural Group at Metro Con!!!
I was MR!Bobby Singer :3
Crowley and Bobby getting tipsy with each other. ;)